Thankfully Addy has been back to her usual jovial self after these past few weeks of sickness.
She is eating again and putting on some of her weight that she lost. It is so horrible to see your little ones sick like that and you can do very little for them. Addy came through like the star that she is though and tackled yet another hurdle.
Greg and I have been keeping ourselves busy renovating around the house and putting stuff together for the 2nd annual ITSY
fundraiser that is coming up on the 20th of November. We are so excited about it and yet nervous at the same time. Greg and I are speaking at the event, (well I guess I will be speaking at the event) about our journey with Addy and how we benefited from ITSY's endeavours last year. It will be nice though because we will be speaking to a group of people that understand the journey or have lived through it themselves. We have been able to get some great silent auction items and I know that we are going to have great success and raise at least the
$10,000 that we have set as our goal!!!! We are so proud to be a part of this committee, thank you Laurel and Matt Lunnen for asking us to come aboard.
So as we keep ourselves busy, Addy is blossoming before our very eyes. She is doing so well and really reaching some success after all of the hard work we have been putting her through with physio, occupational and speech therapy. She is sitting up so well on her own and has even less curvature in her spine; she sits up so nice and staight. She still has some slight head tilting to the
left, but this is disappearing more each time she gets taped up with her kinesotaping. She has really developped some strong tummy muscles and has managed to pull herself up now in her swing chair, when she gets tired of lying back. You can see by the smirk in her face in the picture that she is very proud of herself and this accomplishment. A friend of ours has lent us this wonderful bath chair, which allows Addy to spend hours in the tub splashing around. She definitely loves the water and this chair makes bath time that much better.
She is eating wonderfully and really has developped a love for solid food. A girl after her own dad's heart. She is learning to feed herself with her hands, but still has not had the desire to feed herself her bottles. She will hold it for a bit and then it quickly gets thrown down, or the milk spills all over her face. It is quite funny to see and watch her explore new things around her each day. Addy has finally tackled the task of rolling over and now gets
around with ease on the floor going from side to side. She now realizes that this also gets her closer to her big brothers Tal and Fergus and I think now she often falls over on purpose so she can roll over and play with them. They are both so wonderful with her, but Tal easily has the patience as she sits there and pulls on his fur and plays with his paws. So cute to see!!!! She really has an attraction to animals and loves when we go to visit at Mim's place and she can see the kitty.
She gets so excited, she actually shakes a bit and then scrunches up her face in the biggest smile as she gets to pet him. I can just imagine when she asks daddy for her first kitty!!!! She has developed some really cute little facial expressions, and is developping quite the personality. She talks up a storm, or should I say yells up a storm and wants to be part of the conversation all the time. She takes her little tongue and rolls it around in her mouth and now makes a clicking sound to try and get our attention. So many new things I know that I have forget to mention something, just so wonderful to see and I am soaking up every minute of it!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment