We have really started to notice changes in Addison, she really is turning into quite the cute little lady. All of the nursing staff tease us that she is one spoiled little girl, but we don't mind, we are going to continue to shower our little girl with love. She deserves it. The nurses spoil her too, which is great to see. They always have fun picking out her next outfit from her repetoire of clothes from all the wonderful gifts she has received already. Pink seems to be the hit colour, including this fav Pink Kimono wrap from Andrea
(she has two boys so I am sure she had fun shopping for this one, Thanks Andrea). We are frequently getting comments that Addison really looks like her daddy, with a few features from mom, including the long eyelashes, even though Addy's are blonde. Her hair has really turned quite fair, with a touch of redness to it from the Baker side of the family. Hee Hee. She continues to amaze us everyday, showing us a new smile, letting out a new "coo", and acting so much more alert and attentive to us talking to her. We are soaking it all in and proud of her continued progress.
We fall in love with her more and more each day, it truly is amazing how these little wonders can steal your heart.
Mom and dad have been working hard at home and have almost completed Addison's room. There are a few last minute touches, including getting Addison home to fill the room with baby!! We have noticed that there are a few more things we will have to complete that we had been putting off, but because of Addison's chronic lung disease they will need to be done. We cannot keep the old carpet in downstairs because of old dust, etc, so our next project is ripping that up and cleaning up the front room, to make it as clean as possible for her little lungs to remain healthy. But whatever is necessary, will be done.
2 comments:
Hey Shae and Greg
Addison looks awesome and it is great to see she is coming a long so great. About all the pumping and having so much milk. When I was doing my research on the subject I saw that sometimes people give their milk to others who can not produce milk. It was an American sight, and I am not sure if it is done in Canada, but is something worth looking into. You'd hate to throw away the liquid gold. Also as a warning, it does start to break down and change in taste after being frozen for about 3 months. If it got too old, Brock didn't seem to like it, and it did smell a little different. Maybe the nurses would know if there is any breast milk sharing organization in the area, I can look for you too.
Can't wait to meet Addison!
Cindy (and Jason and Brock)
wow, that is a ton of milk! We had to buy a deep freeze too and it was full as well and I NEVER thought that Story would ever drink it all..but she did! After about 3 months at home, I was then pumping as I needed it. She never did catch onto breastfeeding, but I pumped for 10 months and bottled it to her. I really think that is a big part of why she never got sick, so good for you for keeping it up..I know how hard it is.
Addison sounds like she is doing great!
Post a Comment