Well with our vacation over we are settling back into our little routine here around the house. Addison is really growing into such a little girl now and doing so many new things. She is starting to get a little more vocal with us everyday and now has a little voice creeping out from that little body. It is quite funny she starts with a low little scream or sound, and then it is like she gets used to it and just lets it go and it becomes a full out whail. She sometimes even sounds like a little demon growling at you as she eats her cereal in the morning. It really is quite
funny.
So yes, Addison is eating her cereal like a big girl and doing really well. I took the time and got a bunch of fresh fruit and veggies and spent a few days filling up ice cube trays with some homemade food to start Addy on. On the 11th we started her on her first "solid foods", starting with Sweet Potatoes. These were an obvious hit because of their sweet flavour and Addy gobbled them right up. It is wonderful to see, I have been so afraid to try thicker food with her because of our choking issues when we go her home but she is doing so well. I am so happy to be able to give her natural cooked meals, but I know that just for the ease of things
sometimes we will not have this luxury all the time.
While we were away, we had such a wonderful visit with Aunt Steph, Uncle Ken and cousin Sidney; so we were very excited when they called to tell us they were coming down for a visit. They arrived on Thursday night and Addison shone like a star within the first few hours of their visit. She was laying down beside me and within a few minutes looked right up into my eyes and chirped out the words clear as day "mum mum". It was so wonderful to hear, I was beside myself. Actually I think I was in shock and at a loss. Steph yelled out "I heard it, she said it; mum mum". It was such a great moment and I am so proud of my little peanut. Of course because she said
mommy first, but also because she really has just come so far from the first days when we were so afraid we were not even going to have her with us. On Saturday we took a tour around the area and showed our visitors around and of course made a much needed stop at the Lake Huron for a swim. Cousin Sidney loved the water and went swimming right in her play clothes, no way she was missing out on this opportunity. Addy again loved the water and loved watching Sidney and Uncle Ken splash around. We had a great dinner out on the deck and then ventured inside for a little bit of Guitar Hero!!! This was Ken and Steph's first venture at the game. They loved it so much, Ken went out the next day and picked up Rock Band 2 for our next evening's entertainment. The game came with "The Mullet Kit" which we could not
resist having Sid and Addison model for us!!! Love it. We had so much fun guys, we cannot wait till the next time we get together.
So the realization is setting in that as summer is coming to an end, I will soon be returning to work and need to find some type of daycare system for Addison. This is the dreaded phase of the journey that I am so not prepared for, though I am looking into a possible extension on my time at home with Addison through EI Canada. Keep your fingers crossed that this comes through and I can stay home with my little pumpkin a little longer, or watch closely for my meltdown online if I have to return to work. Just 6 more weeks is all I am asking for, only 6 more weeks, seems like peanuts compared to the time before that was spent with Addy in the hospital, but dont get me started on that. Hang tough I keep telling myself, it will all be fine. Yeah I don't tend to believe myself either. Hee Hee.

No comments:
Post a Comment