Tuesday, September 15, 2009

ENT Followup News


Well great news, Addison went for a followup appointment with an ENT specialist in London regarding some concerns we had with her vocal chords and choking while eating. The verdict; she did have some damage to her left vocal nerve, causing some paralysis to her vocal chord. This however has since corrected itself and her vocal chords appear to be working just fine. She did so well and hardly fussed even when they put a scope through her nostril and down her throat. I think mommy had a harder time with the whole procdure than Addy, though it was very neat to watch and see her chords under a fine microscope. The strength and pain tolerance of this little girl amazes me more every day.

Another good tidbit of news received, we finally found a local home daycare that Addy will be attending once I return to work. We still hope that I will not be returning in Octoer as planned, but we do now feel better that we have a good spot for Addy to go when I do have to return. Man I really dont want that day to arrive.

We have had some great fall weather, with some hot sunshine so Addy and I took advantage of it and went Fall Raspberry picking at Parks Blueberry Farm. The place was empty and the berries were plentiful. In a matter of just an hour we got all these scrumptious berries picked and a few that we ate while picking too. I swear I am blessed with such a good little girl, she is so patient and laid back and lets me get so much done while she just hangs back. This past weekend Addy had a great visit with her grandma, aunt, uncle and cousins while Greg and I took a long overdue trip away with some friends to Niagara on the Lake. Yep thats right we actually stayed overnight away without Addy. She did absolutely great and was such a good girl while they stayed with her, I however had a very hard time. I cried as we pulled away and then asked Greg if I could call home every hour. As we toured the wineries I think I saw about 10 different families with little ones touring around and got so depressed that I didnt have Addy with us. It was a hard one but we had a great time thanks to our great friends and thanks to our family for being there for Addy.

No comments: