Monday, July 13, 2009

Addison's First Sleepover with Mim and Aunt Rose


Well this past weekend took alot out of little girl and she used the next couple of days to catch up on some rest and relaxation, I guess we ran her a little ragged. Addy went for her annual physiotherapy appointment on Monday and then crashed hard that night in my arms. Tuesday she romped around like crazy in her jumparoo but crashed hard after a good 45 minute workout. Poor little thing she is so tolerant of our busy lifestyle. I feel like such a bad mommy but I couldn't resist the ever famous shot of her falling asleep in her jumparoo because she was just so darn adorable. I snapped this pic and honestly took her right out for a good little nap in bed! After that she was raring to go again and experienced a bounce around in her exersaucer; after Greg and I figured out we could adjust the height of it so her feet did not hang suspended in the air. (Thanks Steph, new parents).
Thursday was Mim's (Grandma Patty's) birthday and since we could not celebrate with her that day, Addison made her up a special birthday wish to send over the internet. Happy Birthday Mim!!!

Addy was actually very excited as she was anticipating her first big sleepover with Mim this coming weekend, up at the cottage. Mom and Dad had tickets for KISS at Sarnia Bayfest and Mim and Aunt Rose were coming down to watch not only Addy but cousins; Zack and Logan too. Thank goodness for family I really don't know what we would do without them. I of course was feeling super apprehensive for my first night away from my "little munchkin", but I knew she would be in good hands. I promised mom that we would only call a few times and I think I stuck to my word pretty well. Addison of course did wonderful and really did not even seem like she missed us all that much when we went to see her Saturday afternoon. Mom, Aunt Rose and the kids were having fun, so much they convinced Greg and I to go out for dinner and a movie again that night for a "date". Greg and I did and had fun, but it felt very weird driving around without our little one in the back, babbling away to us. Thanks mom and Aunt Rose for your time and giving us a night out as well.

Lately we have been noticing changes in Addison daily. She really is developping her own personality and is just so much fun to watch everyday. She is definitely a very happy little girl and just really makes no fuss. I will probably eat these words at the age of the terrible twos and threes, but right now she is just a dream. Her smile lights up a room and she really has got the cutest little giggle when her dad and grandma make her laugh. She works so hard through her phsyio and occupational therapy and has begun to finally kick up her feet in the air with little stimulus. We notice that she still is tilting her head to the left and continuing to show less use of her muscles along her left side, but we continue to work her daily in hopes to correct some of it. Her head strength is great though and she really has very little "wobbles" to her head and neck at all anymore. She is maintaining her weight well and seems to be dangling between the 14 1/2 to 15 lb mark these days. She definitely likes her food so we just keep doing what we are doing to fatten her up and let her grow. She has found her "little piggies" now, and likes to pull and play with them when she sees them pass by. Can you remember back to when her little feet were the size of Greg's thumb????? It blows my mind to think back to those days.
Along with her giggles, she has discovered she can now make "zerbert"noises as we like to call them and spit lots of drool and bubbles. At this stage it is so darn cute, we just let her go ahead and do it. She has begun to babble to us a bit more everyday, especially lying down as it is a bit easier to get her lungs working. We still notice that it is a bit hard for her to last long on a breath while talking and to get her voice to vocalize loudly, but she is getting better a little bit everyday. Keep strong little one and we will get there, each day is another little hurdle and we will jump it together, holding hands.

No comments: